5 winter citrus cocktails for valentine’s day
Five simply blissful cocktails - you can actually make at home!
Published Feb 13, 2016 4:00 PM
produced by ANNA KOCHARIAN photography by MICHAEL WILTBANK
Date night. Girls’ night. TV dinner for one. Regardless of what your plans may be this Valentine’s Day, we’re all for a little something to sweeten up the night. Enter five simply blissful cocktails (you can actually make at home) to be devoured with a box of fine chocolates.
blood orange cocktail
- 1 part Campari
- 3 parts blood orange juice
- Orange slice and mint for garnish
INSTRUCTION Mix all the ingredients in a glass, give a light stir and garnish with the orange slice and mint.
elderflower gin fizz
- 1 part gin
- 2 parts Sipp Lemon Flower soda
- Splash of freshly squeezed lime
- Lime wedge for garnish
INSTRUCTION Shake the ingredients and pour into a chilled glass to serve. Garnish with the lime and serve.
grapefruit martini *Adapted from bakers royale
MATERIALS 2 parts gin 1 part vermouth 2 parts grapefruit juice Ice Grapefruit slice and sprig of thyme for garnish
INSTRUCTION Shake all the ingredients and pour into a glass, garnish with the grapefruit slice and thyme.
hibiscus mai thai *Adapted from With Food and Love – Serves Two
- 1 cup of steeped hibiscus tea, cooled to room temperature (plain hibiscus juice works as well)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 4 ounces light rum
- 1 part lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Sprigs of thyme for garnish
INSTRUCTION Combine the hibiscus tea, pineapple juice, and rum in a shaker and mix. In a chilled glass, pour the lemon juice over the ice, and add in the tea mixture. Stir, garnish with the thyme, and serve.
- 5 ounces champagne or rose
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar