produced by ANNA KOCHARIAN
photography by MICHAEL WILTBANK
Date night. Girls’ night. TV dinner for one. Regardless of what your plans may be this Valentine’s Day, we’re all for a little something to sweeten up the night. Enter five simply blissful cocktails (you can actually make at home) to be devoured with a box of fine chocolates.
blood orange cocktail
- 1 part Campari
- 3 parts blood orange juice
- Orange slice and mint for garnish
Mix all the ingredients in a glass, give a light stir and garnish with the orange slice and mint.
elderflower gin fizz
- 1 part gin
- 2 parts Sipp Lemon Flower soda
- Splash of freshly squeezed lime
- Lime wedge for garnish
Shake the ingredients and pour into a chilled glass to serve. Garnish with the lime and serve.
*Adapted from bakers royale
2 parts gin
1 part vermouth
2 parts grapefruit juice
Grapefruit slice and sprig of thyme for garnish
Shake all the ingredients and pour into a glass, garnish with the grapefruit slice and thyme.
hibiscus mai thai
*Adapted from With Food and Love – Serves Two
- 1 cup of steeped hibiscus tea, cooled to room temperature (plain hibiscus juice works as well)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 4 ounces light rum
- 1 part lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Sprigs of thyme for garnish
Combine the hibiscus tea, pineapple juice, and rum in a shaker and mix. In a chilled glass, pour the lemon juice over the ice, and add in the tea mixture. Stir, garnish with the thyme, and serve.
- 5 ounces champagne or rose
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
Combine the grapefruit juice, sugar, and ice in a shaker and strain into a chilled glass. Top with the champagne and serve as is or with a skewer of your favorite treats!