this baby shower is #sodomino
Published May 12, 2016 6:00 AM
produced & styled by ANNA KOCHARIAN
photography by MICHAEL WILTBANK
We celebrated team domino’s first mommy-to-be with a surprise baby shower! Naturally, there were plenty of florals, sprinkles, and sweets. See for yourself!
RAINBOW SPRINKLE MINI CONES
These nearly bite sized treats were an absolute hit!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- mini ice cream cones
- rainbow sprinkles
- candy melts (we opted for white chocolate)
- ice cream
- Pour a cup full of the sprinkles onto a plate and set aside.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing thoroughly before each interval.
- Once the chocolate is at a smooth consistency, dip the rim of the mini ice cream cone into the chocolate until the full round is covered. Immediately dip the chocolate-covered cone into the sprinkles and set upright on a baking tray to dry.
- Once all the cones are covered, place them into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so, to set.
- Before serving, scoop small amounts of ice cream into each cone, or set up a DIY bar for guests!
spring greens provide a dynamiclayer of color and texture, contrasting against the whitewashed balloons!
No party is complete without flowers or balloons, so why not just combine the two? We took on the bold task of creating aballoon arch
fit for a baby shower, with minimalism in mind. Get the how-to here!
Paper plates, cups, and flatware make for an easy clean up. We were lucky enough to snag this ultra chic, gold-speckled collection from Harlow and Grey! Paper dinnerware never looked this good.
These personalizable ice cream pints came decked with a variety of on-point phrases and seriously delicious flavors!
Our mommy-friendly DIY drink station came fully stocked with a handful of fresh minty herbs and premade stir sticks with summer fruit.
HERE’S WHAT WE HAD:
blood orange soda
sprigs of rosemary
We paired our modestly sprinkled cake with a fewwhimsical toppers for an added burst of color and charm!
As far as activities are concerned, we opted for something sweet and memorable: onesie decorating!