Funfetti Recipes to Ring in the New Year!
Easy confetti sprinkle recipes to try this week!
Published Dec 25, 2016 5:00 AM
If you were to ask us, sprinkles make just about anything taste (and look!) significantly better. And so, with that, we set out to put a fun and festive spin on a few of our favorite treats, for a confetti-inspired revamp fit for the New Year. Take a look!
These easy-to-make treats are the perfect family-friendly activity for the holiday season! Flavor with fruity extracts and garnish with confetti sprinkles for a festive twist.
What You’ll Need
– 1/3 cup light corn syrup – 1 cup of sugar – 1/4 cup cold water – food coloring (optional) – 1/2 teaspoon flavored extract (we opted for orange) – confetti sprinkles – lollipop sticks – candy thermometer
*Recipe adapted from About Food.
1. Combine the corn syrup, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once the mixture comes to a boil, insert the candy thermometer into the saucepan.
2. Let the mixture come to a slow boil, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 300F. Remove the mixture from the heat.
3. Add in a few drops of the food coloring as well as the orange extract. Mix to combine.
4. Spoon the candy mixture onto a silicon baking sheet – use a lollipop mold for more consistent shapes. Add the lollipop sticks at the base, making sure it is completely coated by the mixture.
5. Sprinkle the confetti sprinkles on top and set aside to cool.
Funfetti Hot Chocolate Sticks
The holidays and hot chocolate make for quite the pair. These hot chocolate sticks can be indulged on-to-go, or festively wrapped and gifted to your favorite host!
What You’ll Need
– 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup white chocolate chips – 1/4 cup water – 1 tablespoon honey – confetti sprinkles – marshmallows – popsicle sticks – silicon molds
1. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and place a small, heat-proof bowl on top, to create a double boiler for the chocolate.
2. Mix the chocolate chips with the water and the honey in the saucepan over medium heat, whisking frequently, about 3-4 minutes. Once the chocolate has melted remove from the heat immediately.
3. Spoon the chocolate into the molds, sprinkled with the confetti.
4. Top with the marshmallows, confetti sprinkles, and popsicle sticks.
5. Set in the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes. Wrap them up in parchment paper to gift, or mix with warm milk to enjoy!