produced & styled by ANNA KOCHARIAN
photography by MICHAEL WILTBANK
Is there anything quite like a melting pot of cheesy goodness on a cold, winter’s day? We didn’t think so. Enter an utterly delectable, three cheese fondue you absolutely need in your life.
- 5 ounces medium cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces gruyere, shredded
- 4 emmental cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- Add the cheese to the slow cooker and gently mix in the flour and nutmeg, until the cheese blend is evenly coated.
- Add the white wine and stir thoroughly.
Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 30 minutes. Then, reduce the setting to low, and cook for an additional 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
Note: If the mixture is too thick or too watered down, add in more wine or flour, respectively.
- Once the blend has reached a desired consistency, start dipping!
Get creative and experiment with the unexpected! Both sweet and savory flavors pair well with cheese.
here’s what we tried
- sliced pears
- waffle fries
- pocky sticks