I have always loved conservatories, glasshouses, greenhouses, and sunrooms. Any opportunity to have walls and ceilings made of glass that allow natural light to pour in sounds like heaven to me. And while I've never had much of a green thumb, having a conservatory would certainly inspire me to learn more about helping things grow. Read on for some of my favorite conservatory inspirations, and reasons I think we all need a new decor goal.
1. This conservatory in Montreal is open to the public, but has plenty of inspiration for a private residence if done on a smaller scale.
2. There isn't a better room for a workspace, if you ask me. A multi-function surface could serve as a place to tend to potted plants, or simply get some work done in a peaceful setting.
3. Water elements are one of my favorite components of conservatories. And while a full pool might not be realistic, a small fountain or even a cool aquarium can add balance to the space.
4. Bathtub in a greenhouse. I rest my case.
5. No one would ever, ever be able to touch your dining room game if you had a conservatory.
6. A perfectly weathered exterior might not be feasible, but it adds to the conservatory cravings, nonetheless. Can you imagine how many friends would ask to take their family photos at your place?
7. Here's where we'll be hosting the cocktail party this evening… [sigh, faint].
8. It's like your own big screen TV for viewing a rainstorm. Pull up a chair.
9. Bringing more natural light into the home is a design dream that's ever-present. In a conservatory, the only time natural light isn't there is literally when the sun goes down. I'd spend endless hours in here.
10. Lest we forget you can actually grow things in a conservatory or greenhouse. (Bonus: This one is actually a movie set from Practical Magic!)
11. The grandness of a conservatory's exterior can't be matched by any other part of the home. It may be the only room that looks as good from the outside as it does from within.
12. Truly the best reason for including a conservatory in your home is that at the end of each day, you get to come home to this (or something like it). Tranquility, plenty of greenery, and all the natural light you could ever dream of.