S’mores encapsulate everything that’s good and right in this world: marshmallows with a smoky hint, melty chocolate, and the subtle spice of a crunchy graham cracker. But they are kind of a pain to make, usually requiring a perfect summer evening once a year where you gather around a fire.
New York-based cafe Maman aims to change that. Maman’s expert bakers teamed up with your go-to organic grocery store snacks Annie’s Homegrown (and their adorable honey bunny grahams) to make the best twist on traditional s’mores that will bring you sweet, gooey joy: dark chocolate, Annie’s Organic Honey Bunny Grahams, and marshmallows in a cookie—oh, hello, new friend.
The cookies are available starting today at all Maman locations, and available for shipping by the dozen naition wide on Maman’s website until October 25. But the best news? It’s possible, and really easy, to recreate the cookies at home with just a handful of ingredients. Swap that campfire for an oven and get a’baking.
Annie’s x Maman S’mores Cookie Recipe
- 1 box of Annie’s Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 box of Annie’s Organic Honey Bunny Grahams
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
1. Heat oven to 375°F (or 350°F for nonstick cookie sheet). Stir mix, softened butter, and egg in medium bowl until well blended.
2. Add in mini marshmallows.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet
4. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and top each cookie with 3 Annie’s Organic Honey Bunny Grahams. Press in lightly when cookies are still warm.
6. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
No butter? No problem! Make cookie dough using 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons water, and 1 egg.
To store, place in airtight container. Allow cookie sheet to cool between batches. Makes about 20 cookies.