“Drinks need to be served fast at get togethers, so you don’t have a line waiting at the bar,” says celebrity event planner Bronson van Wyck, who has organized countless soirees for major power players like Beyoncé and Queen Noor of Jordan. “Serving pre-batched cocktails in pitchers and other oversized formats will keep things flowing, and free you from getting stuck in the kitchen.”
Bar carts are also great to have on hand for parties. “Stock them well with everything you need,” adds Bronson. “Glassware, liquors, and mixers—and don’t forget a rainbow of garnishes: fresh basil, fresh rosemary, candied ginger, ripe olives, Luxardo cherries, bright citrus, and Serrano peppers for those who dare.”
With those hostess tips in mind, behold 11 libations guaranteed to quench your thirst and get you tipsy at the same time.
Available at The Regal
- 3.5 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. grapefruit juice
- .5 oz. agave
- Mix well and serve in a cafe.
Summer In The City
Available at The Skylark
- 2.25 oz. crop cucumber vodka
- 5 oz. St-Germain
- 3.75 oz. lemon juice
- 2.5 oz. simple syrup
- Muddle green grapes and basil lead in a tin. Add in all ingredients with ice and shake.
- Strain in a tall glass over ice.
- Garnish with cucumber ribbon and grape basil leaves.
Available at Loco Taqueria + Oyster Bar
- 20 oz. white rum
- 5 muddled kiwi
- 1.5 oz. watermelon puree
- 10 oz. lemon juice
- 5 oz. agave
- splash of watermelon pucker
- Mix all together and serve in a hollowed out watermelon.
Gold Standard Punch Bowl
Available at Hotel Chantelle
- 9 oz. Absolut Elyx
- 1.5 oz. Luxardo Maraschino
- 1.5 oz. passionfruit
- 1.5 oz. lemon juice
- 3 oz. agave
- Shake. Top with ginger beer and garnish with lemon peel.
Available at Cane & Table
- 1 bottle red wine
- 2 cups Jamaican rum (Smith & Cross)
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3 cups cinnamon tea
- 1 nutmeg
- 2 cups porter/stout beer
- Grate the nutmeg into the sugar and sift together. Add lime juice and then slowly incorporate cinnamon tea until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and ladle portions over ice.
Note: For the cinnamon tea, steep six cinnamon sticks in three cups of hot water for 10 minutes, and then strain.
Available at Cure
- 1 cup Averell Damson
- 1 cup Martin Miller’s
- 1/2 cup PF Curacao
- 1/2 cup Luxardo bitters
- 6 oz. spring water
- Pour 3 oz. into a freshly iced double old fashioned glass.
- Add 14 drops Peychaud’s bitters.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
The Uno-Dos Punch
Available at Rancho Valencia
- 34 oz. Blanco tequila
- 8.5 oz. St-Germain
- 4.25 oz. Yellow Chartreuse
- 12.75 oz. fresh lime juice
- 4.25 oz. agave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber (sliced into rounds)
- 3 limes (sliced into wheels)
- Basil leaves (1-2/serving)
- Ice (large blocks if possible)
- Add all ingredients (except basil leaves) into punch bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add large blocks of ice.
- Garnish with basil leaves, lime wheels, and cucumber slices.
Ocean Blue Goblet
Available at Sugar Factory
- 2 oz. Smirnoff Blueberry
- 2 oz. Blueberry Schnapps
- 2 oz. Hpnotiq
- 2 oz. Cruzan Raspberry Rum
- 7 oz. Sprite
- 7 oz. sour mix
- 2-3 blue gummy/marshmallow sharks
- Combine all ingredients except for the garnish in a shaker with filled ice.
- Shake and strain over ice.
- Garnish with 2-3 blue gummy sharks.
Available at The Rose Club at The Plaza
- 32 oz. Nolet Silver gin
- 32 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 16 oz. Plaza “tropical iced tea”
- 32 oz. simple syrup
- 2 bottles Moet NV Champagne
- 8 slices strawberries
- 1 sliced lemon in rings
- Combine all ingredients in a crystal punch bowl.
- Garnish with fresh cut lemon rings and strawberries. Place ice ring mold (created with Bundt pan and fresh lemonade) on top of mixture and serve.
Hot Brandy and Rum Punch
Available at Waypoint
- 1 bottle of Privateer amber rum
- 1 bottle of Lustau Spanish brandy
- 1 quart fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Demerara Oleo Sacchrum
- 2 cups chamomile/black tea syrup
- 1 cup La Muse Vert Absinthe
- Batch everything except the hot water.
- Pour 3 oz. of punch into a hot tempered punch cup.
- Top with 2 oz. hot water.
- Garnish with orange peel and star anise.
Fountain of Youth
Available at Committee
- 12 oz. Keel vodka
- 3 oz. Cassis
- 3 oz. simple syrup
- 4 oz. fresh pineapple juice
- 4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. Benedictine D.O.M.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bucket or crystal jar full of ice cubes.
- Stir with a large bar spoon.
- Garnish with dehydrated flowers, orange, lemon peels, and any kind of berries. In the end, one bottle of champagne goes upside down in the drink.