How to Make the Absolute Best Banana Pancakes
Say hello to your new brunch go-to.
Published May 4, 2019 11:28 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
Why don’t you listen to one of my favorite songs about banana pancakes by while we take off on this journey through my absolute love and joy for the world of pancakes?
Ah yes, pancakes. A joy, a beauty, a grace, a special hole in my heart filled—there’s something so perfect about their fluffiness, sweetness, toppings, and stack-ability. A treat of all shapes and sizes and colors and complexities.
Anyways, oohs and ahhs aside, my pancakes are also pretty awesome. I got a little inspiration from Jeannette who used collagen powder in her pancakes for a little bit of skin and hair boost. These are kind of like your average one egg plus one banana pancakes, but better. I’ve tried those pancakes countless times, and I never got them really right. These were ?.
Best Banana Pancakes
- 1 medium banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 scoop collagen powder (I use this)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter/pb
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Add everything in a small bowl and mash away with a fork until there are small chunks of banana left
- I sort of do a last whip with the fork just to make sure everything is combined
- Heat a pan on medium heat with some coconut oil spray. Once hot (check by dropping some water on the pan and seeing if it sizzles), spoon various heaping tablespoons into the pan.
- Cook through (they don’t really bubble around the edges, so watch closely) and flip. Repeat.
- Stack, serve with almond butter and bananas like me, or just some plain maple (though it’s sweet enough already, FYI).
A version of this post and recipe first appeared on Common Comfort.