A Refreshing Spring Citrus Salad With Heirloom Radishes
The key ingredients here are the bright citrus, fennel, and mint—with a kick of peppery radish.
Published Mar 30, 2017 7:00 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
The sisters behind Block Shop share one of their family-style salad recipes with their go-to vinaigrette.
Spring Citrus Salad Recipe
- mix of spring lettuces
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 head endive (curly endive if you’re feeling glamorous)
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly into crescents
- 2 to 3 small Valencia oranges, sliced and peeled
- 1 pomelo, segments de-skinned and broken up into pieces
- fistful of mint, leaves torn
- fistful of cilantro, stems loosely torn off
- 6 rainbow or heirloom radishes, sliced
- almond slivers to garnish
Hopie’s Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (or a touch of pressed garlic)
- 2 tablespoon Wonder Valley olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- dollop whole-seed French mustard
- 2 teaspoon agave syrup or honey, to taste
- cracked black pepper
1. Mix salad ingredients in a nice serving bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
2. Top with almond slivers, toasted dry in a skillet until just beginning to turn gold. (Make sure to add after dressing so they stay crunchy.) Bon appétit!
This recipe was originally published in our Spring 2017 issue in the story “Block Party.”