Summer Bucket List: 13 Must-Do Activities in Seattle
Featuring must-see art exhibitions, crazy-cool dive bars, and the best homemade ice cream in town.
Published Jul 25, 2017 1:00 PM
Can’t get out of the city? Never fear: Consider this your go-to guide for getting the most out of the season. As part of our 100 Days of Summer package, we’ll be giving you tips on how to have the most fun in the sun in five cities across the country. We’ve brought you the best of NYC, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and San Francisco, but we can’t forget about the Emerald City. As the classic saying goes: Always save the best for last, right?
3. Purchase a ticket to the annual Sunset Supper at Pike Marketplace on August 18 for food and drink under the stars.
4. Amaze yourself with contemporary artist Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrors exhibition at the Seattle Art Museum.
5. Imbibe at the Washington Beer Collaboration Festival on August 19, which features 27 unique collaboration beers.
6. Explore the iconic Chihuly Garden and Glass for a studio glass art experience unlike any other.
7. Catch a showing of Much Ado About Nothing or Pericles from the Seattle Shakespeare Company at a park near you.
10. Browse our favorite home design stores in the city for the perfect pieces to match your signature style.
12. For an eclectic and quite possibly life-changing dive-bar experience, check out the carnival-themed Unicorn Bar. Feast on deep-fried snickers, vegan quinoa tots, and their glorious corn dogs. Plus, their drink menu is a work of art in itself.
This story is part of our 100 Days of Summer package.