how to throw the perfect party (in pink)!
Published Jan 27, 2016 6:00 AM
produced& styled by ANNA KOCHARIAN photography by MICHAEL WILTBANK
Hosting a little something for Valentine’s Day? Regardless if the party is for two or 12, this year we’re in the mood for something a little over-the-top. Pinatas, garlands, wild floral displays – we’re talking the works! Here, the four essentials you’ll need to recreate the look!
1. party perfect balloons Spruce up oversized balloons with tassels, tinsels, and vibrant greens.
Measure out roughly ⅓ of the tassel garland and tie onto the balloon.
Spread the tassels evenly along the line for a more full look.
Tassels make for the best balloon tails!
what’s a party without a pinata!
Alternatively, opt for long strands of leaf vines, for a more dramatic effect.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Pair a piece of the leaf vine with the string of the balloon (starting at the nozzle) and gently loop a cut of the floral wire or tape around the vine. Do this every three inches or so, until you are about halfway down the balloon’s anchor string. Let the rest of the vines flow freely.
Note: The more vines you have, the more it will weigh the balloon down.
the floral garland
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- israeli ruscus or any sort of long green filler
- garden roses
- floral wire
- Select a starting point for the piece, this will be where the majority of the flowers are concentrated.
- From your starting point, measure out roughly 24 inches straight to the right and mark with a push pin. Do the same with the left side, but measure out 12 inches, in a slightly downward direction.
- Attach a single strand of the filler to the wall with a push pin, starting at the center and ending at each respective point. Repeat this step, until each side has become as full as you’d like.
- Dethorn and deleaf the garden roses, and cut the stems to about 3-4 inches in length. Set a handful of the roses in a row and bind together using the floral wire. Allow a few inches of extra wire at the end of each set of roses, to attach to the fillers on the wall. Reinforce the piece with extra push pins.
- Once you’ve got a cluster of roses set in the center of the garland, loop in a few solitary stems throughout the piece for an effortlessly chic touch.
2. let them eat cake!
Elevate a plain, supermarket cake with an abundant arrangement of confectionary treats. Swap out the original base in lieu of a chic cake stand. Next, warm up a cup of chocolate syrup and gently pour over the center of the cake. Arrange a handful of chocolates, macarons, and various sweets on top of the cake, and garnish with sparklers for the ultimate finishing touch.
FOR THE CAKE TOPPING:
A boozy concoction is a must! Enter the domino effect!
4. farewell favors Send them off with sweets and sparklers, plus a little something to pop for good luck!