how to decorate a living room: 13 things everyone needs
Published Mar 3, 2016 5:00 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
written by ANNA KOCHARIAN
The living room is so named for a reason. So much of life is lived within those four walls that a comforting aesthetic is practically a requirement. Whether your style skews toward the minimally modern, classically elegant, a mixture of both, or even none of the above, it’s safe to say there are a few essentials every living room should have. Here’s what’s on our list.
- Arguably, the most important component of the living room, the sofa is the dominating piece that often sets the tone for the space.
- A soft landing pad for the floor, to designate the boundaries of the area.
- Wall-mounted TV or not, a media center is crucial for keeping rogue cables and modems in check.
- A stylish coffee table – with or without storage – that caters to your aesthetic. Tight on space? Opt for a pair of stools instead.
- … and while we’re at that – a tray to keep the coffee table clutter to a minimum.
- Art on the walls to liven up the room and make it a bit more personal.
- Solid sources of lighting. Need we say more?
- A side table , which more often than not, becomes a chic storage solution for the remote.
- A versatile piece that can double as extra seating, for when there’s company.
- Pops of color in unexpected places, preferably in the form ofcozy textures
11. Shelves to hold a prized collection of titles.
- Decorative accents for the coffee table, with functionality in mind.
- A cozy spot worth sinking into. AKA: just another way to fill an awkward corner.