Send Us Your Most Pressing Renovation Questions
Here's your chance to get a contractor's advice for free.
Published Jan 18, 2018 2:15 PM
As much as we love a good DIY home improvement, sometimes you just need a professional opinion. What’s the best way to restore peeling cabinetry? How can I easily repair leaking windows? Can I move this wall, or will my ceiling collapse if I take out that beam?
Never fear: Domino is here to help. We’re teaming up with the renovation experts at Best & Company, a New York-based general contracting and construction management firm, to bring you answers to your most pressing questions—for free. Send us your questions and concerns in the comments, via email to email@example.com, or on social media, and we’ll have Chip Brian, founder and CEO of Best & Company, weigh in with his expert tips and solutions.
Having founded Best & Company in 1996, Brian has decades of experience in the construction industry, and can speak to every part of the renovation process, from pre-purchase estimating and budgeting to HVAC systems and plumbing to final touches like closet systems and window treatments. (See how his team transformed a dark and dated New York condo into a bright, airy home here).
We’ll be sharing Brian’s answers on the first Monday of the month, starting in February. Team Domino already has a long list of questions, so here are just a few of the topics we may be covering:
- How can I estimate how much my renovation will cost? Is there a formula?
- How do I know if a wall that I want to remove is load-bearing?
- Uh, what’s a contractor and why would I need one?
- How do I change a light fixture?
- I want to redo my floors, but the options are overwhelming. How do I choose the best floor material?
- Can I turn my walk-in closet into a bathroom?
- How can I insulate my balcony door in the winter?
- What’s the correct order in which to renovate a bathroom?
- I want to install new mouldings. Where do I start?
No question is too big or small, so send ’em over. Let us know in the comments, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or on social media.
While you wait, see more home improvement guides: