Secretly Healthy Chocolate Chip Dough Balls
You’ll flip for this addictive dessert treat.
Published Jan 16, 2017 6:00 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
Laurie Lloyd became a health coach and nutritional consultant and founded Liv Light because she wanted to spread the word about everything health and diet. “I love to show people how easy it can be to make healthy, homemade meals that are absolutely delicious,” says Lloyd, who moved to North Carolina from New York City five years ago with her husband Oliver, also a chef.
Here, she shares her favorite secretly healthy indulgence.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (yields approximately 24 pieces)
“If you love eating raw cookie dough, you’re going to love this healthier version,” says Lloyd. “These balls are raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free, which make them perfect for almost everyone! They also happen to be the most delicious sweet treat or dessert (without any refined sugar), and are a great afternoon pick-me-up.”
- 1 ½ cups unsalted cashews
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. water
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1. Pulse cashews in a food processor until ground. 2. Add nuts, dates, and vanilla and process until the mixture comes together. 3. Add water as needed. 4. The mixture should stick together when ready. 5. Roll into small bowls and freeze for one hour. 6. These can be stored in the fridge for one week or freezer for one month.