By Shani Silver

Published on December 4, 2015

Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard

What better place to find Christmas inspiration? As we decorate our houses, it’s certainly fun to see how the First Family decorates theirs. (Hint–there are lots of trees). Click through for a glimpse of Christmas at The White House!

All photos by Michael Blanchard

Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard

This year’s White House Christmas Tree, on display in the Blue Room, is an over 18 foot Fraser fir grown by Jay and Glenn Bustard in Lansdale, Pennsylvania.

Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard

Each year, as part of the First Lady and Dr. Biden’s Joining Forces initiative, guests have been invited to share a note with our service members. This year, rather than sending handwritten notes, as has been done in the past, visitors will have the opportunity to share digital messages using iPads set up on the East Landing.

Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard

The majority of the holiday décor was designed by Rafanelli Events and executed by 89 volunteers from across the country. Three of the rooms were designed by fashion designers, including Carolina Herrera, Duro Olowu, and Carol Lim and Humberto Leon.

Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard
Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard

Only 10% of the design used new products and materials. The remaining 90% uses repurposed ornaments and embellishments that were already a part of the White House holiday inventory.

Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard
Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard
Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard
Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard
Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard

Throughout the White House there are 62 trees and over 70,000 ornaments!

Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard
Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard
Pin It
Photography by Michael Blanchard

Over 68,000 guests from across the country and around the world are expected to visit the White House during the 2015 holiday season. Kind of puts your Christmas Eve dinner for 12 in perspective!