On air for just over a year, HGTV’s Tiny House Hunters is one of the few House Hunters spin-off shows you’ll actually want to watch. With an 8.1/10 rating on IMDb, you can be sure that this show will become your next binge-watching addiction.
Still not convinced watching someone search for the perfect home under 600 square feet is utterly enthralling? Here are our reasons why Tiny House Hunters is our latest television obsession.
1. The TV show gives you an inside look into the latest trend in home buying, aptly named “millennial downsizing.” In 2015, there were nearly 3,000 “tiny houses” listed on Zillow.
2. Tiny House Hunters will inspire you to get rid of the unused junk cluttering up your average sized home. If these house hunters can downsize to nearly nothing, you can surely throw away your high school cap and gown.
3. Occupants seem to transform their petite living space into a home filled with style and comfort, proving that you can have style even in the tiniest of spaces.
4. Believe it or not, Tiny House Hunters is an absurdly addictive show to watch — especially when the homebuyer purchases a significantly subpar home. I mean, who turns down a 500 square foot house with a washer and dryer in favor of a dingy, 300 square foot loft home? *sigh*
5. Most importantly, Tiny House Hunters makes you realize living in a studio apartment in the city is not actually that bad — and if you live in an actual home, you’re basically living in a mansion compared to the people on the show.