A Festive Wreath You Can Easily Make in 10 Minutes
Plus, you can keep it up long after the holidays are over.
Updated Oct 31, 2018 10:59 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
Annette Vartanian is the creator of A Vintage Splendor, a vintage modern lifestyle blog covering fashion, interiors, entertaining, and more. She also offer vintage shopping tours, vintage styling services, and a bevy of how-tos and DIYs. Check out her home tour here.
So many holiday decorations go heavy on the classic white and green look, which is always fun and festive, but it means they start to look out of places just a couple weeks after Christmas. To keep extend the display life of your holiday decor, go for something a little more timeless, like this elegant minimalist wreath.
This simple wreath has been making a statement on my front door this holiday season (even the UPS guy said he loved it!), and it’s easy enough that you can whip it together Christmas Eve, before your guests arrive. All it takes are a few items and about 10 minutes. It also makes for a unique and thoughtful hostess gift.
What You’ll Need
- 19” metal ring/hoop
- Black satin or velvet ribbon
- Green floral wire
- Dried Lagurus (or another dried flower)
1. Cut greenery stems and wrap each stem with a short piece of floral wire to hold the weight of it to the hoop.
2. Repeat the above until you have the look you want. I used about five stems as I wanted to keep my wreath looking minimalist. Add more if you want a fuller look.
3. Add the dried lagurus.
4. Cut the ribbon and tie a bow at the top of the the hoop, and your wreath is complete!
See more holiday DIYs:
For more stories like this, sign up here for your daily dose of Domino.