No holiday table would be complete sans a lustrous element or two – and while we usually look to decorative elements such as the centerpiece for this effect, this year we’re all for rethinking the basics. Whether you’re setting up a cozy brunch for four or an extravagant dinner party for 12, consider a more inventive approach to setting the table by mixing and matching! Inspired by the ever-so-elegant designs of Lenox, we set out to create a tablescape with a complementary scheme of mixed metallics and opulent blues. You can shop these Lenox collections and more here.
1. SET THE BACKDROP: Set the table with minimalism in mind. A solid backdrop in a monochrome hue is ideal, especially when paired with dinnerware of a lustrous detail. For a rustic and casual finish, opt for a whitewashed table that’s bare of linens. For a more elegant feel, bring in a delicate textile to cover the table.
2. MIX IN GREENERY: No holiday table is complete without a centerpiece, especially one composed of greens. Create a lush display using seasonal greenery such as pines or eucalyptus, and filter in pops of color for an added touch of contrast.
3. PICK A PALETTE: Start with a solid hue and build up by incorporating metallics and graphic patterns. The brilliant finish of the Casual Radiance by Lenox extends a dynamic effect against the elegance of the surroundings, keeping the tablescape feeling fresh yet busy, distracting the eye from the medley of hues.
4. MIX AND MATCH: It’s not all about the colors! Pair graphic patterns with delicate florals and mix silver and gold with opulent blues. Bring in flatware with a similar color scheme, yet subtly refined detail for a hint of differentiation.
5. PLATE THE FOOD! A beautifully plated dish is just as important as the servingware itself. Don’t be afraid to extend a complementing detail to the food as well! The bright reds and blues fit right in with the lustrous table setting!