written by ANNA KOCHARIAN
Redecorating a dream home shouldn’t have to be an intimidating process – or one that breaks the bank for that matter. Enter Havenly, a web-based interior design service with a focus on a more convenient and stylish approach towards a redesigning a home, and our partner in domino Design Services!
We took a peek at Havenly’s design blog for a few quick decorating and design tips, definitely worth stealing. Here’s what we learned:
- It’s okay to take the decor of a home office with a more playful approach. Much like this colorful spot.
- Elevate the monochrome decor scheme with warm wooden accents and natural greens.
- There’s no such thing as “too much color” – especially when vibrant prints and patterns are involved.
- When it comes to decorating a nursery, work with what you have to keep the space modest yet lively. Colorful children’s titles will do the trick!
- First comes marriage, next comes… a joint home office? This couple’s space proves that finding a common decorative ground with a significant other isn’t as hard as it may seem.
- Bringing the outdoors in – sans an influx of greens – is simple: opt for a neutral decor scheme in a light-filled space, and let the outdoors do the talking.
- A repurposed, semi-circle window makes for a great fireplace mantle accent.
- Plush or textured accents on the walls can actually help reduce noise!
- Matching kitchen chairs are a thing of the past. Be fearless with color!
- There’s a psychology to choosing the right color for your space. Here’s what you should know.