We asked two of our very favorite high-design nail studios—Paintbox and JINsoon—for an easy DIY for the holiday weekend. Nail the below trends with their step-by-step directions for the perfect July 4th look.
Earn Your Stripes is the perfect elongating, graphic nail, and perfect for a DIY.
1. Prep nail, but do NOT apply base coat (yet!).
2. Take painter’s tape (it’s better than Scotch tape as it’s stronger, yet won’t leave residue on the nail) and cut into 1″ x 1″ squares.
3. Working one hand at a time, place the squares on each finger so the corner creates the negative space at the bas of the nail.
4. Apply base coat to nail around the tape.
5. Polish half of each nail red (two coats) and allow to dry. Pro tip: Use an angled eyeliner brush dipped in pure acetone to crisp up the lines.
6. Repeat on other side in blue.
7. Top coat!
This modern 4th of July look seems complicated, but a small sponge is going to do all the heavy lifting for you.
1. Apply JINsoon Power Coat Base Coat.
5. Finish with JINsoon Top Gloss Top.