6 cozy cabins that will inspire a winter getaway
6 cabins from across the country that will inspire a getaway (or redesign!) of your own.
Published Dec 14, 2015 5:00 AM
produced by ANNA KOCHARIAN
Come winter, we’re all for bundling up in cozy textures – preferably by a fireplace with a good read. Enter six cabins from across the country, that will inspire a getaway (or redesign!) of your own.
- THE CABIN IN RURAL WISCONSIN Vibrant pops of crimson complement the warm aesthetic of this rustic, family-owned cabin. Nestled in the woods of Wisconsin, this 1,200-square-foot lodge features pine paneling, a stone fireplace, and plenty of hints of tartan.
Our favorite spot? The charming bedroom riddled with vintage textiles and plush landing pads. Get the complete tour on Country Living.
- THE LUXE LODGE Peek inside this artist’s 1960s luxury lodge, featuring a natural wood composition and plenty of earthy accents.
From the industrialized spiral staircase to the refreshingly modern furniture accents, there is no shortage of inspired details in this charming home. See the rest of the cabin on Apartment Therapy.
- THE WILDERNESS RETREAT Located in the midst of Missouri’s Ozark Mountains, this picture-perfect riverside retreat features an inspired space furnished with the coziest of details and an overpowering essence of serenity. See morehere!
- THE HOT SPRINGS LODGE For what is described as a “perfectly restored ghost town,” Dunton Hot Springs’ wildly picturesque locale is one of unlimited solitude and tranquility.
We’ll have to admit though, our favorite part of the experience would have to be the cell-phone free policy of the resort. See more here.
- A DESIGNER DESTINATION One peek inside Ralph Lauren’s Colorado ranch, and we were instantly captivated, to say the least.
With no shortage of thought-out details and fearless textiles, the entirety of the space embodies the designer’s classic aesthetic. Get the complete tourhere.
- NORDIC WONDERLAND Modern meets rustic in this stunning Scandinavian space, furnished with the most refined elements to complement the reserved aesthetic.
A whitewashed backdrop sets the scene for a slew of industrialized elements filtered with a mix of cozy textiles. Get the full tour here!