rosemary chocolate bundt cake
Published Nov 10, 2015 5:00 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
text & recipe by
Imagine eating a chocolate covered orange in the middle of pine woods while breathing in crisp and fresh winter air – that is exactly how this rich and aromatic chocolate cake tastes. Serious holiday cheer for your taste buds!
(If you have a smaller bundt pan than 12 cups, simply make 1/2 of the recipe)
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped (or 1 tbsp. dried)
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Orange zest
- 4 oz 70% Chocolate, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Grease a bundt pan (Size 12 cups) and preheat the oven to 350°F 2. Melt the butter over low heat, add the rosemary and let cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let steep for 30 minutes. Then strain and discard solids. (If the butter has hardened, heat it up again before straining.) 3. Meanwhile, sift the dry ingredients, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into in a bowl. Set aside. 4. Whisk sugar and eggs together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. 5. Add sour cream, orange juice, and orange zest and give the mixer a spin until homogenous. 6. Slowly add 1/2 of the dry ingredients. Stir. Then add the melted butter. Stir. Add the second half of dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated and smooth. 7. Fold in the chopped chocolate. 8. Pour batter into the greased pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 4 oz 55-70% Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- Chop the chocolate and place together with the salt in a large bowl
- Place cream and rosemary in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Take off the heat and let steep for 20 minutes. Then strain and discard solids. Reheat the cream to boiling, then pour over the chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over cake