goodbye winter blues spring brunch!
Published Mar 11, 2016 5:00 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
produced & photographed by ANNA KOCHARIAN
When it seems like the weather can’t quite make up it’s mind, falling into a wintery slump is unavoidable. The cure? A vibrantly colorful brunch that channels the invigorating aesthetic of the coming season. Take a look.
the pastry haul Brunch wouldn’t be the same sans delectable goodies from the bakery. Start the morning off with flakey croissants and a piping hot pot of coffee.
blueberry scones with butter and blueberry jam
- Crisp waffles, fresh from the bakery, served with a side of whipped butter, honey, and a wild berry sauce.
fragrant wildflowers add an unexpected pop of color!
- pancakes with a blackberry and blueberry compote Pair your signature stack of flapjacks with an utterly delectable blueberry compote. Feeling bold? Drizzle an additional tablespoon of maple syrup on top. You know, for good measure.
- blood orange juice When it comes to orange juice, there’s nothing like the freshly-squeezed variety. No argument there. Take advantage of this season’s best in citrus in its purest form.
blood orange blue cheese salad INGREDIENTS
- arugula, one bunch
- 2 small blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juicedsalt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the olive oil into the juiced lemon, in a slow stream. Stir in the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl and top with the dressing to serve.
- A mod setup of a vibrant tabletop provides some much-needed color to the table. Bonus points for complementing the saturated hues of the eatable goods!
- An abundant bunch of baby’s breath instill a lighthearted touch to the tablescape.