49 Editor-Approved Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Loved Ones—And Their Spaces
Because home is where the heart is.
Published Jan 18, 2022 6:00 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
Just when it felt like gift-buying season was over and done with, Valentine’s Day has somehow snuck its way onto our to-do list. Sure, the Hallmark holiday is by no means a must-participate, but with all the chaos surrounding our daily lives, we’ll take any opportunity to remind the people who keep us sane on a regular basis—our partner, our single-in-solidarity BFF (that’s how we’re choosing to interpret it), our little sibling—why they mean so much to us.
Be it a pair of noise-canceling earbuds they can wear while taking Zoom meetings at home, a leather catchall to level up their vanity space, or a new cast-iron pot to fully take advantage of soup season, we’ve pulled together an unrivaled list of gifts—all easily available on Amazon—that will make their everyday life at home feel a little less ordinary. Here, find nearly 50 ideas that are the trifecta of thoughtful, useful, and good-looking.
For the One Who Is Always Having People Over
A good host will politely smile at a new bottle of wine, but why not give them something they’ll actually get hyped up about? We’re partial to practical gifts they may have not thought to buy themselves (heart-shaped wooden spoons, an ultra-cute ceramic butter dish), but love crowd-pleasers like award-winning cookbooks (including Ina Garten’s love letter to her husband, Jeffrey) all the same.
- Ethel M. Chocolates Sea Salt Caramels ($45)
- Raaka Chocolate Best Sellers Trio ($15)
- Cotton Craft Pastel Gingham Napkins ($17)
- Kate Spade New York Larabee Dot Flutes ($71)
- Partners Coffee Brooklyn Blend ($16)
- Peugeot U’select Spice Mill ($79)
- Bread Book by Chad Robertson ($32)
- Sweejar Ceramic Butter Dish ($16)
- Barista Warrior Stainless Steel Pour-Over Coffee & Tea Kettle ($44)
- Staub Cast-Iron Round Cocotte ($280)
- Rachael Ray Wood Cutting Board with Handle ($25)
- Cooking for Jeffrey: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten ($27)
- Zulay Classic Stovetop Espresso Maker ($25)
- XJET Heart-Shaped Wooden Spoons ($29)
- Beast Blender ($155)
For the One Whose Life Motto Is “Treat Yourself”
There’s no shame in taking a little extra time getting ready in the morning, so why not encourage them to embrace their mindful routine? Outfit their vanity space with items that scream style and self-care, like one of the most delicious scents out there or a wide-tooth comb that detangles as well as massages the scalp.
- Byredo Gypsy Water Eau de Parfum ($225)
- WWBGINF Faux Pearl Choker ($17)
- HQ-Site Large Tortoise Shell Claw Clips ($10)
- Baggu Expandable Nylon Zip Pouches ($34)
- Vlando Small Tassels Travel Box ($19)
- Youth to the People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream ($58)
- Rosyclo Pillow Slippers ($20)
- JCBIZ Silver Heart-Shaped Tray ($8)
- Fossil Personalized Pendant Chain Necklace ($45)
- Laedau Tortoise Wide-Tooth Comb ($9)
- Slip Silk Sleep Mask ($50)
For the One Who Is Always Logged On
If there’s anything the past two years have taught us, it’s that we can no longer justify winging a full day of meetings from our couch. Instead we’ve learned that 1) digital touch bases require a decent backdrop, and 2) an effective workday is boosted by an uncluttered space. Even if they don’t have a dedicated office, pieces like a colorful set of ballpoint pens or a hardcover notebook will help them get organized (and maybe even cut back on screen time).
- Beats Fit Pro Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones ($200)
- W&P Portable Cocktail Glass with Silicone Sleeve ($25)
- XOandQuin Happy Valentine’s Day Card ($7)
- Pincoo Leather Organizer ($10)
- Ban.do Retractable Ballpoint Pens ($16)
- October Tourmaline Colored Heart Stoneware Tray ($17)
- Moleskine Classic Hardcover Notebook ($20)
- JBL Flip 5 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker ($130)
- Grown Alchemist Hand Cream-Vanilla & Orange Peel ($24)
For the One Whose Space Is Never Truly Complete
Make your homebody’s dream come true by assisting in their journey to turn their abode into a true retreat from reality. From tchotchkes that fill out their built-ins to coffee-table puzzles that double as art, these pieces are for those who appreciate the personal touches of a home—and know it’s the little things that make a big difference.
- Morning Glory on the Vine: Early Songs and Drawings by Joni Mitchell ($15)
- Samsung 55-Inch Frame TV ($1,500)
- Paddywax Candles ($38)
- Main + Mesa Terrazzo Coasters ($20)
- Waysoft New Zealand Sheepskin Rug ($80)
- Jonathan Adler Lust Vice Candle ($78)
- Inglenix White Ceramic Vase ($40)
- JWDA Concrete Table Lamp ($260)
- Andy Warhol: Love, Sex & Desire by Drew Zeiba ($45)
- Worhe Travertine Candleholder ($32)
- John Derian The Bower of Roses 1,000-Piece Puzzle ($20)
- Cuddle Dreams Premium Cashmere Throw Blanket with Fringe ($200)
- Home Body by Rupi Kaur ($22)
- And & Co. Tapered Ribbed Candles ($32)