Butler’s Morning Glory Muffin Recipe
Published Dec 18, 2016 12:00 AM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
From Brooklyn’s Butler, comes a delightfully sweet breakfast treat that is pure perfection.
Morning Glory Muffin
Yields 1 dozen
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 21/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup golden pineapple (small dice)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. In a large bowl combine the oil, sugar, eggs and stir together with a whisk until combined. Add all the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
3. Add the remaining ingredients. Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Fill the batter half way to the top of mini loaf pans. Bake for 8 minutes, rotate, then bake for another 8 minutes or until the muffins spring back. Cool at room temperature.
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- one vanilla bean (scraped)
- !/4 teaspoon salt
- The zest of a quarter of a lime
- Pulp of one passionfruit (optional).
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, and mix for 5 minutes. The icing will be light and fluffy. Transfer to a container and chill for 1 hour.
To Finish Transfer the icing to a piping bag with a decorating tip. Pipe ribbon like pattern on to the muffin loaves. Garnish with coconut flakes and market flowers or a drizzle of passionfruit pulp.