our super bowl party is #SOdomino
Published Feb 1, 2016 6:00 AM
fill paper cones with popcorn for guests to munch on during the game!
produced by ANNA KOCHARIAN
photography by MICHAEL WILTBANK
Super Bowl parties are notorious (and synonymous) with an abundance of binge-worthy eats, often to an embarrassing degree. We took on the challenge of transforming the typical game day fare into a more polished spread, without compromising the spirit of day. Think cheeseboard, but with a Super Bowl twist. See for yourself!
Cover the table with regular or craft paper for a casual feel and an easy cleanup – plus you’ll feel less guilty for piling it up with food.
on the menu chicken quesadillas, see recipe here the best buffalo wings, see recipe here macaroni and cheese, see recipe here spinach artichoke dip, see recipe here st. germain cocktail, see recipe here
serve with a side of guacamole and salsa, and pair with a pile of tortilla chips
THE NACHO SPILL
- black beans
- diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 3 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1 cup guacamole, plus more for dipping
- 1 cup melted cheese
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped to garnish
- hot sauce for drizzling (optional)
- ½ lime for garnish
STEPS Layer the beans, tomatoes, and jalapenos on a clean, flat surface. Spoon guacamole on top of the mixture, and drizzle with the melted cheese. Garnish with cilantro, hot sauce, and a splash of freshly squeezed lime.
- garnish the quesadillas with jalapenos and hot sauce for an added kick!
- pile on a side of waffle fries, and celery for a refreshing touch.
for dessert STRAWBERRY & BIRTHDAY CAKE MILKSHAKE
One of our favorite aspects of this milkshake? It takes just minutes and doesn’t require a blender thanks to the refreshingly light consistency of these Halo Top flavors.
- 2 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 scoop birthday cake ice cream (vanilla works as well)
- 1 cup milk
- mini donuts for the topping
STEPS In a glass, blend 1 scoop of the strawberry cake ice cream with the birthday cake scoop and milk, using a whisk. Once the mixture is at an even consistency, top with the remaining scoop of strawberry ice cream and serve with a stack of mini donuts.