copycat recipe: how to make the canberra freakshake
Our version of the most insane (in a good way) milkshakes ever.
Published Jan 1, 2016 5:00 AM
Copycat Recipe: Canberra Freakshakes!
You’ll never look at a milkshake the same again. Patissez in Canberra, Australia has given the internet a sugar rush with Freakshow Shakes, milkshakes of outstanding proportions (and portions). You shouldn’t have to buy a plane ticket to enjoy these shakes for yourself, so read on for our copycat recipe!
Nutella & Salty Pretzel Milkshake
vanilla ice cream
pretzel dust (put pretzels in a bag and crush them with crushing device of your choice).
1. Add milk, ice cream, and one very large spoonful of Nutella to your blender or food processor. blend.
2. Take a large spoonful of nutella and line the interior of your glass.
3. Take another large spoonful and line the exterior rim of your glass. we can’t stress how generous you should be with your nutella here.
4. Line the exterior of the glass with pretzels. (they’ll stick to the nutella)
5. Pour your milkshake into your glass.
6. Top with whipped cream. a whole lot of whipped cream.
7. Stick the pretzels into the whipped cream and top it with Nutella
8. Sprinkle pretzel dust all over your milkshake.
9. Take a photo of it for Instagram.
salted caramel milkshake
Caramel ice cream (or vanilla ice cream with caramel in it)
Something sweet to stick in the whipped cream (we used caramel filled chocolates)
1. Add ice cream and milk to your blender or food processor. Blend.
2. Line the inside of your glass with as much caramel sauce as you like. We like a lot.
3. Pour your milkshake in your glass.
4. Add a ridiculous quantity of whipped cream on top.
5. Stick candies or other sweet treats in the whipped cream.
6. Drizzle the entire thing with caramel sauce. as much as you like. we’ve clearly established that we like a lot.
7. Take a photo of it for Instagram.
8. Facetime you best friend and make her jealous