Add Some Sparkle to Your Bar Cart With This Easy DIY
Shimmery geodes and crystals can be turned into the prettiest of bottle stoppers.
Published Sep 28, 2018 7:06 PM
We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs.
Annette Vartanian is the creator of A Vintage Splendor, a vintage modern lifestyle blog covering fashion, interiors, entertaining, and more. She also offer vintage shopping tours, vintage styling services, and a bevy of how-tos and DIYs. Check out her home tour here.
With the holidays fast approaching, I’m always looking for easy ways to glam up our house, plus make some unique gifts to give my friends and family. These bottle stoppers are inspired by Kelly Wearstler’s designs—I love how she mixes gold with natural stones for an ultra rich and glam, yet minimalist design.
Entertaining season is in full swing, so my husband and I always try to keep our bar cart filled with various spirits, wines, and liqueurs as we host weekly parties and dinners with friends. And these wine cork bottle stoppers really up the ante and add a little sparkle to our decor. Plus they make a great DIY gift for friends.
What you’ll need:
- Cork bottle stoppers
- An assortment of geodes with flat bottoms (I bought these on Amazon.)
- Heavy duty glue like E6000
- Gold paint
1. Paint the top of the cork bottle stoppers and underside of the geode. If you buy a package with an assortment of stones, paint the non-geodes gold. This is small step that makes a big impact. I find that two coats of gold paint is enough.
2. Apply glue to the larger end of the cork.
3. Adhere geode and let dry completely (approximately three hours).
4. Swap your regular bottle tops for your new fancy toppers, or gift wrap for a fun and personal present.
See more chic, easy DIYs:
The Easy Way to DIY Colorful Pom-Poms DIY This Faux Fur Pillow in Under 20 Minutes A Super Simple DIY for the Chicest Keychains Ever
For more stories like this, sign up here for your daily dose of Domino.