aleppo pepper and honey glazed salmon with roasted brussels sprouts
A sweet and spicy glazed salmon from Chef Marcus Samuelsson, of Red Rooster.
Published Oct 19, 2016 5:00 AM
Aleppo Pepper & Honey Glazed Salmon with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- – ¼ cup Aleppo peppers
- – ½ tablespoon salt
- – 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- – ½ cup honey
Mix the above ingredients until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- – 1 pound brussels sprouts
- – 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- – 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- – ¼ cup olive oil
- – salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice off the ends of the brussels sprouts and pull off any loose outer leaves. 2. Toss the brussels sprouts with the remainder of the ingredients. 3. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, at 350 degrees, until the sprouts have caramelized.
Aleppo Pepper & Honey Glazed Salmon
- – 1 pound salmon filets, skin removed
- – 2 ounces vegetable oil
- – 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- – salt to taste
1. Cut the salmon into 3 equal portions and season with salt. 2. Set a non-stick pan or a cast iron skillet over high heat, and add in the vegetable oil. Once the oil starts to ripple, lower the heat to medium. 3. Cook the salmon, skin side first, for 3 minutes. 4. Add the butter and baste the fish with melted butter and oil. 5. Remove the fish and transfer to a sizzling platter, seared side up. Generously glaze the fish with the Aleppo honey. 6. Broil the fish in the oven for 3 minutes until the honey has caramelized. Serve with the roasted brussels sprouts.